Virginia Water Football Club was established in the 1919-1920 season and received financial support from the British royal family, starting with King Edward VIII and continuing under King George VI. They initially participated in the Woking & District league and later joined the Surrey Intermediate league and Spartan League. The club’s clubhouse, named after founder member Harry Timbers, was opened in 1969 by Sir Stanley Rous, President of FIFA at the time. In the 1970s, Waters achieved promotion to the Combined Counties League and reached the first round of the FA Vase in 1972. However, they experienced relegations in the 1980s, dropping to the Surrey South Eastern Combination Intermediate League. Their fortunes turned in the 1990s with a victory in the Surrey Intermediate Cup, subsequent promotions, and three Surrey County Premier Cup wins. Waters moved through various leagues, including the Surrey Senior League and Surrey Elite League, and under the management of Ceri Jones, achieved historic successes such as a league and league cup double and promotion to the Hellenic League. They continued their progress by winning the Hellenic Division 1 East and gaining promotion to the Hellenic Premier Division, the highest playing level in the club’s history. They are currently members of the Combined Counties League Premier Division North.