Binfield FC Vs Chipstead FC – Match report

Binfield FC Match report – Chipstead Home

Conor Lynch’s twelfth goal of the season was enough to give the Moles all three points against Chipstead ahead of a pivotal week as we approach Isthmian League crunch time at the top of the table…

Binfield, looking to put the disappointment of their Uxbridge defeat behind them, started the better side in Saturday’s match with Chipstead, but struggled to find a breakthrough without creating a clear chance. Both Steve Ngunga and Brad Pagliaroli beat the their corresponding full-backs but couldn’t pick out any Binfield player. Pagliaroli then went close himself when his attempted cross went over the Chipstead keeper Matt Kerbey and off the crossbar after a swift Binfield move.

The Moles took the lead mid-way through the first half and it was no surprise that it came from out wide. Pagliaroli this time was able to pick out Lynch who lost his marker at the back post. He had enough time to bring the ball down and squeeze it inside the front post to give him his twelfth league goal of the season.

Binfield came out the better of the two sides again in the second half when Ngunga drove inside but fired his shot straight at Kerbey. Chipstead then grew into the game and Harvey Rackley-Hayes had to be alert and smother a shot from Andy Somo after a loose pass from George Winser. He then did really well to turn aside Jonathon Hood’s swerving effort.

Chipstead then had a golden opportunity to level the game when Somo was put through one-on-one with Rackley-Hayes but his effort clipped the outside of the post. 

The Moles had a great opportunity to wrap up all three points when a short corner found Winser who picked out substitute Harvey Harry but he couldn’t keep his shot down from close range.

Ultimately, another clean sheet and a big three points. That’s one game down, but another two big ones to come as the Moles face Marlow at home on Tuesday before a trip to Leatherhead on the final day of the season.