Goal-fest at Uxbridge but defeat for Binfield

The Moles suffered defeat on the road against Uxbridge in a goal-fest.

It was a really bright start for the Moles. Connor Holland linked up with Brandon Curtis down the right. Curtis drove towards the byline, taking around Uxbridge’s keeper, and picked out Brad Pagliaroli at the back post who lashed it home. His 11th of the season.

The Moles then had a great chance to double their lead. Harvey Rackley-Hayes’ goal kick was flicked on Liam Gavin, Holland and Curtis which sends Conor Lynch through. He tried to cut back onto his left but the chance was snuffed out by the recovering Uxbridge defenders.

Uxbridge equalised countering from a golden Binfield chance. Pagliaroli slid through Lynch. This time he successfully cut inside but his shot was fired straight at Tyler Tobin. The ball fell to Jonny Denton on the edge of the box but he couldn’t get his shot away. Uxbridge then countered, won a corner and from this, Luke Paris was able to send his header over Rackley-Hayes.

Within a minute the Moles were back ahead. Rackley-Hayes making up for his previous error as his ball found Lynch who used the bounce to chip it over Tobin and into the net. That was also his 11th of the season.

Uxbridge then responded strongly, driving down the left and Rackley-Hayes was caught in no-man’s land. The ball seemed to appear to be rolling into an empty net but for the recovering Massimo Giamattei who somehow managed to turn it around the post. Rackley-Hayes then pulled out an outstanding save down to his left. From the following corner, the Uxbridge pressure became too much and Aaron Minhas headed it in to round off a crazy half an hour.

The rest of the first-half could’ve been seen as a ‘bore-fest’ compared to the first thirty minutes but neither side were able to create a clear chance.

Uxbridge started the second half well and a set-piece led to a penalty when Winser bought down the Uxbridge man. Alex Witham successfully converting from the spot.
Uxbridge then had two penalties in the space of four minutes when Witham was brought down as he tried to get his shot away. He was able to pick himself up and slot the ball down the middle to put Uxbridge two ahead.

Binfield pushed hard but struggled to create any real chances against a resolute Uxbridge defence. Steve Ngunga came close was his free kick clipped the top of the bar. The Moles were able to pull one back when Pagliaroli’s cross fell to Gavin and he slotted home – but ultimately it was to no avail.

Four set-pieces ultimately costing the Moles the victory and means play-offs chances are out of their hands. They go again on Monday against fellow play-off hopefuls Marlow, looking to finish a tough week strong.

Latest Result

1 - 1
Pitching In Isthmian League South Central Division One
Hill Farm Lane

Binfield vs Uxbridge

Next Fixture