Binfield’s promotion push alive and well after Bedfont win

Harvey Harry’s double was enough for Binfield to claim all three points against relegation-struggling Bedfont Sports and sends the Moles just a point behind the playoff spots.

After having their last three matches postponed due to the frosty conditions, it was perhaps expected that the first twenty minutes was ‘cagey’ and the game lacked quality. The only opening came when James Beauchamp was put through by Brandon Curtis but his shot could only find the side netting from a tight angle.

Reaction: ‘They Made It Really Difficult For Us’ Haylock Reacts To Binfield Win

Binfield opened the scoring in the 26th minute. This time Beauchamp turned provider after his run set up Curtis. His shot from the edge of the box could only be parried by Bedfont goalkeeper Joe Ringer and it fell to the path of Harry who blasted it home. His second league goal of the season.

The goal provided the Moles some confidence and they began to find their rhythm. Curtis had a chance to double their lead but his shot from close range was tipped over by Ringer. From the resulting corner, Connor Holland picked out Massimo Giamattei but his volley was met by Ringer’s strong hand.

The Moles were pegged backed right on the stroke of half time when Sam Evans took advantage of Kai Hobbs’ slip and picked out Kafi Anoyke-Boadi who turned the ball in from close range. An equaliser against the run of play.

Match Photos: Bedfont Sports – Away

Binfield’s keeper Harvey Rackley-Hayes turned aside Anoyke-Boadi’s shot at the start of the second half which sparked the Moles into life. Brad Pagliaroli’s run reached the by-line and pulled it back to Holland who couldn’t turn it in and find the target. Then Beauchamp again caused the Bedfont’s defence trouble but his pull back couldn’t be turned in by Pagliaroli.

After waves of attacks by the Moles in an intense five minute spell, the pressure eventually paid off and they found their winner with the best move of the match. After some great build-up play, the ball finds Holland on the left deep into the Bedfont half. He then uses Giamattei on the overlap who puts in a great ball cross the six-yard box. Harvey Harry was there to meet it and was able to do what others couldn’t and turn the ball in from close range – a terrific move by the Moles.

The Moles had twenty minutes to hold out and Bedfont went close when Steve Ngunga blazed over the bar from inside the area. Their best chance came with ten minutes to go when Harrison Bailey’s strike from outside the box rocketed off the frame of the goal and thankfully for the Moles fell to safety and they stayed strong to see the game out. The defensive unit included the addition of Lewis Pegg, who was making his first appearance back for Binfield since he resigned earlier on in the week.

So, plenty of positives for the Moles as they move one point of Chertsey in 5th with multiple games in hand. They are back in action on Tuesday evening against top-of-the-table Basingstoke Town and Hill Farm Lane. Binfield looking to go six game unbeaten against the league’s most in-form team.